Monday, August 18, 2008

McKenzie's 1st day of 2nd Grade!!!

WHOO HOOOOOOO!!!! It has finally arrived, the blessed day for mother's all over the world, THE 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited. So we've just been really busy the last couple of weeks, partly because I had an activity for Relief Society that I was in charge of and kids getting sick, again, that I haven't had time to blog and barely had enough time to kind of go school shopping. Last Thursday was Hillcrest's open house and McKenzie got to meet her teacher Ms. Braun. She came highly recommended and so I requested her at the end of last school year. So I was pretty excited when we got the letter that she was in Braun's class. Then Friday, Mac and went shopping for a couple of outfits. I don't really want to go school shopping cuz it's still so hot outside and by the time she is going to need pants and stuff she will have probably grown out of them. So I am waiting, but I wanted her to have a couple of new outfits for the 1st day of school. Then Saturday the kids had their annual water day primary activity. They go to the park and have a bunch of water games to play and just get wet. I figured once they were already wet that we were going to have an end of summer water balloon fight. I had a package of 450 balloons (that is not a typo) and got about 50 done and my fingers were killing me, so I recruited my friend Trisha to help me finish them off. We did it and the kids had a blast. So we woke up this morning and I was nice mommy and made German pancakes, (Mac's favorite) and got ready for school. She loves dresses so of course the outfit she picked for today had to be a dress. Morgan's first day of kindergarten is next Monday. She has to be assessed this week and then they start, so I'll have a different post for her. Oh and be looking for all the birthday posts that will be coming shortly, (3 in the next 2 weeks, ahhhhhhhhh).

No comments: