Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Morgie

My little Morgie turned 5 today, man I am getting old. She is such a sweet, affectionate, helpful, lovable, smiley part of our family. I'm so grateful I was chosen to be her mother. She has taught me soo much. Her birthday has kinda lasted all weekend, since her bday landed on a Sunday this year. Yesterday Morgan, McKenzie and I went shoe shopping and then to Toys R Us for her birthday hat and balloon. Then our neighbors invited us to go to the Scera Pool to help them use up their punch pass card before it closed Monday, we were happy to help them out. By the time we were done swimming it was dinner and I wasn't really in the mood to cook and so we went to Red Robin for dinner.
Here's Morgan after she ate the pizza she ordered, (if you can't already tell by the mess on her face).
Here are the cute sisters. I sure hope they grow up and stay as close as they are now, (believe me they have their moments of not wanting to be together, but for the most part they are inseparable).
This is the "other side" of the table, ya know the side I'm not cool enough to be a part of. jk, I love Micah's expression, "what they are they looking at, weirdos." After dinner they brought out a piece of their Mud Pie (a half of a serving) but it was still enormous. We all ate it and still couldn't finish the plate. It was sooooo goood though, I think I want that for my birthday, nothing else. Actually Randy asked me what kind of cake I wanted and I told him I didn't want anymore cake. Over the last two weeks, we have had so many cakes, and cupcakes and desserts that I just can't take it anymore, give me a salad with candles in it please.
Today after church Auntie Dee Da came over and we made pizza for dinner (Morgan's request) and she opened presents. She got some Littlest Pet Shop stuff, "Taylor" from HSM, the new Little Mermaid movie some artsy things and a cute little bird feeder. Even Jeffery the Giraffe from Toys R Us called her to wish her a happy birthday (apparently a part of the birthday club festivities when you join). Then a few neighbor families came over for cake and ice cream, not a party just a, "please get the cake out of my house gathering."
Morgan wanted a zebra cake, and since I really didn't want to serve pieces of cake to everyone, and thought cup cakes would be easier, we made zebra striped cupcakes, nothing fancy but she liked them. We found a couple of the kids' little zebra animals and put them on a few of the cakes. All in all it was a fun birthday for her, and since we have the day off tomorrow I think we are going to try and go see "Kung Fu Panda" at the dollar theater (man I love Utah).

4 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Ahh Happy Birthday to your girlie! She's such a cutie.

;)Rachel

Amanda Davis said...

Happy birthday!!! School starts here tomorrow! I can't wait!!!

Julie said...

I can't wait to have you guys over again for some fun. I'll call you about it soon. Take care!

Shanda said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! Looks like you had a lot of fun!