Thursday, September 22, 2011

Great To Be 8!

This was a special year for Morgan.  She not only went into 3rd grade, and had a birthday shortly after, but she turned 8!!!!  Which means she was able to get baptized into the LDS church.  On her birthday, her teacher had her give her family presentation and got to wear the birthday hat and get sung to.  That night Randy had school so we really didn't do a whole lot until the weekend when a ton of family came in for her birthday (which also happened to be my birthday, which subsequently is the same day as my baptism, crazy hu?)
 So Saturday we woke up bright and early and got ready, because her baptism was at 9 AM, argh!  It was tough getting eleventy billion of us ready, but we made it.  There was only 1 from our ward getting baptized and about 6 others from the rest of the stake.  It made for a very crowded chapel.  Here's Randy and Morg beforehand.
 Still a family tradition for the girls to wear the dress my grandma made my oldest sister when she got baptized.  It's been through all of my sisters and now 4 granddaughters with more to go I'm sure.
 Just one quick one outside.
The baptism was great.  The talks were amazing (thanx mom) and she came out of it still alive.  I don't know if I've mentioned this before but these girls are inseparable (lol). Katelin was baptized in May, McKenna in June and Morg in Sept.  We really wanted to take shots of them in their dresses.  They were not very interested in standing still for very long, but we got a few.

 And one for good measure.
And the whole family that was able to make it.  There was a lot more friends who came as well.  It was so great having their support.
We tried really hard to get a family shot.  This was as close as we got.
The grandparents were both there for the event (a first since my parents live far away, but not for long).
We celebrated both Morgan's and my birthday afterwards.  Oh and it was the 1st weekend of college football, so that is what Randy was doing all day, lucky me.  I'm so excited for this season, no really.
Billy got a hold of my camera and kind of went nuts.  This is one made me laugh when I went through the card.  Don't ask me what my mom is doing.
But really this day was about Miss Morgie poo.  She is a special part of our family.  We are so proud of her for making the decision to be baptized.  We love you little girly.

1 comment:

Ali said...

What a great photo of you and Morgan! And I love that you have all worn the same dress - what a special thing.