Monday, September 26, 2011

It's a "Rio" Party

It's been so crazy around here that it took me 3 1/2 weeks to finally let Morgan have her birthday party.  We decided long ago to let our kids have bday party every other year on the even years since those are usually the big birthday's.  It worked for McKenzie, I had no problems getting hers together, but Morgan's birthday was kind of part of the "Perfect Storm" as we like to call it around here.  Her baptism was right after her birthday, we had family in town, we were still getting used to going back to school, I had some issues I'm not going to go into right now, Malia had her first birthday party, soccer was well underway and it just felt like the world was going to crash down on us at any moment.  Anyway, so we gave Morg some options on what she could do and she opted for a "Movie" party, which btw I absolutely love and think I'm going to encourage the rest of the kids to do the same, at least once.  The kids came at 5, and I quickly gave them pizza, drink and some healthy junk and they sat in the blanket and pillow covered living room and ate, drank and watched "Rio." 
 This is who Randy and I decided to decorate which came out so cute.  We wanted to help darken the space (since we weren't watching the movie at night).  So we got all of our streamers out and this is what we came up with.  This pic is of the light fixture in the living room.  Light's off. . .
 Light's on.  This pic doesn't really do it justice.  It looks really cool with the light on.
 We had soccer all day, again, so I wasn't going to have time to make any kind of cute cake, so we opted for store bought cupcakes, I know, lame.  But hey they were cute and I didn't have to make them.
 The crew watching, and eating.  My friend who loaned us the movie even gave us some popcorn bags to use, which was perfect. 
The gang after it was all said and done.
I loved this party because I had little to plan and do.  I didn't have to entertain them with games or crafts because the movie took up 3/4 of it.  All we had time to do when it was over was cake and presents.  There were no dishes, clean up was a snap and Morgan loved every minute of it.  Sorry Morg for being such a slack mom, I'm glad you had fun.

No comments: