Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Soccer

Well the craziness of my life has now been lifted a little. Soccer is officially over (at least till the spring). The kids had a lot of fun, even if all they do is play bumble ball. Randy coached Micah's team, the Green Goblin's (I thought boogers were more fitting, but of well). They were really cute to watch out there, not really doing anything but run around, unless of course you are mad and think that it is much more fun to sit on the cold ground pouting and crying. This was after he didn't get to kick off the ball, poor Micah (sarcasm intended).
But when he did get the ball he had a great time. Randy said that every time he would get it and start running he would make this nervous laugh/giggle cuz he knew there were people behind him trying to get it away from him. Morgan also played. Her team was the Superstars, and they sure were. They were all over the ball like fly on poo, gross I know but you get the idea. This is my attempt on getting a pic of her shooting a goal, I swear I missed everyone. Here is the ball she kicked in, but she is not in the shot and her good friend Kylie (who rocks btw) moved right in front of me just as I took the shot, too funny.
At the beginning Morgan wasn't quite sure what to do, I told her to run to the person with the ball and get in front of the to try and stop them. Since she is pretty fast, she can actually do that, however, getting in front of them was not always on her mind, she was more, let's run right next to them and then in front of them at the goal. I think full back or goalie is in her future. It did click later in the season to try and make goals though, and she sure helped her team a time or two.
Anyway, even though I love soccer, I am not the best soccer mom. It's really hard to watch them play and referee Malia and who ever is not playing. Maybe by spring I'll get some better shot. Good job Morna and Minah (Malia's version of their name), you guys did awesome this year.

1 comment:

Elaine Shandra said...

My nephew played too! He was on the Blue Tornado's team. It's funny to watch 4 & 5 year olds "play" soccer. My other nephew wanted to play too, which made it hard at times to keep him on the sidelines (2 more years for him to wait!).