Tuesday, October 6, 2009

McKenzie's 9!!!!!

Someone said on my Facebook account that next year that it'll be double digits, ahhhh that's sooo wrong. There is no way that she is already 9. What has seriously happened to the last 9 years. Time really does speed up as you get older. I guess it's time to get use to it and deal with it. So here she is this morning being all cute with her lil sis. These two have their moments, but I'm sure they stay close and can really have fun when they are older, like me and my seesters. Sisters are the best. Today was a really busy day. I had to volunteer in Micah's class today and they also had a "Grand" lunch at school. Apparently with the budget cuts we had, our library is really hurting and they only way they are going to get new books is through book fairs. So the school hosted a lunch for anyone grand in the kids' lives to eat lunch with them and then go check out the book fair and hopefully buy stuff, very smart on the school's part. And since it was McKenzie's birthday it made it that much easier to entice the grandparents to come down in the middle of the day.
McKenzie wanted a lizard cake. I told her I could draw a lizard on a cake and that shaping a cake into a lizard was just not going to happen today. So here is her lizard cake. I looks a little like her lizard, well how about the yellow stripes are really the only resemblance of her lizard.
Micah had a soccer game today (on top of everything else, which will also be another post), and McKenzie really wanted to go somewhere other than a fast food joint, so we went to Applebees and had some yummy food and had the manager come and sing (or should I say scream) for her. It was pretty funny and she was really happy.
After opening presents and eating cake and playing with her new loot, we were all pretty Tuckered out, as you can see displayed by grandpa, poor guy went into work early so he could spend the day with Kenz, what a trooper.
All in all it was a great day, I think she had fun, and she told me that 9 didn't feel much different from 8 but she thought that she would really mature this year. I love how grown up she's becoming, she just can't wait to be big, which is sad for me but glad she doesn't fear the future. She is an awesome girl I'm soo grateful to everything she is. I love you Kenz.

No comments: