Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween `09

OK, so this really isn't a Halloween shot, but it was funny nonetheless. I came home from water aerobics one night to see this in my hallway. Randy said she never heard her, I had a good laugh. -K- so onto the Halloween festivities. I kinda enjoyed having Halloween on a Saturday this year. It meant that that day was not totally rushed by everything else with school and stuff. However, it meant like 3 days of getting candy instead of like 1 or 2. It was a gorgeous day, like upper 50's-low 60's and we just had a good day all around. McKenzie was a flower fairy. . .
Morgan was a kitty. . .
Malia was a little German girl/Heidi/Gretel (take your pick), but from the looks of this picture apparently I should have made her a pirate. Oh well, can't win them all. This dress is really from Austria. My mom went when she was in college and bought a few keepsakes. None of my kids have worn it yet, and I really wanted to make sure we used it at least once. It was always hiding in some random box instead of with the Halloween things. But I got `er done this year.
Micah was a cowboy, courtesy of my friend/neighbor Michelle who seems to just have everything I need. She's awesome. She had the chaps, vest, boots and bandanna, isn't he handsome. I was in charge of Micah's party this year at school and she had a great cake walk game (even had the music for it) and let me borrow it. It was one less thing for me to have to worry about and I am so grateful to her.
Morgan's friends decided to get into the kitty act and wanted to be one also. There were 3 girls in her class that were black cats. This was just 2 of them.
We saw this in a magazine this year. You take cardboard and cut out shape and put tissue paper in the cutouts. When your lights are on in the house it makes it light up like a candle. It was such a cute idea we tried it out this year. I did however hate not having sunlight in my living room during the day, I'm a sun person and love it coming through my windows. we might just do the upstairs windows next year, I don't mind if my bedroom has no light for a few weeks.

And of course we had a little bit of Pumpkin Bob this year. The kids aren't huge fans of it, just cuz I make them eat a little pumpkin too, but it's really not that bad. Pretty much meat and rice. I just love making it for Halloween, it's fun and different.
This is before I scraped the pumpkin into the mix.
And last but not least, I needed to post a pic of Bacon's hair. My friend Buffy has been cutting her hair since she got home from her mission. This time she wanted to put some color in it just for some more fun. I think it turned out great. She says now when she faux hawks it one side is brown and the other is blonde. That's Megan for ya.
Overall Halloween this year was fun. No major injuries or catastrophes, and the kids made out pretty well on their candy too. I love Halloween, it's one of my favorite holiday's. My grandma was a big Halloween nut, I think a little bit of her rubbed off on me, but that's ok, she was a great woman. Her favorite saying was always "Nothing for kids, everything for adults." She was a hoot.

2 comments:

Mego said...

man, your sister is hott!!

Bonnie-Jean said...

She looks a lot like a Lang in this picture.... go figure. The kids are cute and your window thing was great.