Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Best News EVER!!!

So, for the last 9 years I have been wiping poopy butts, throwing out poopy diapers, putting probably more than $3000 into these poopy diapers and now I am here to say that we are now a DIAPER-FREE home. It's hard to imagine that this day has come. I usually potty train during conference, but with all of the car trouble we've been dealing with, we had one car-less weekend and so we decided to run with it. Malia caught on by the end of Saturday and it took less than a week for her to decide that diapers were not for her at all and was night trained just as fast. Since then I swear she has grown about a foot and matured about 10 years. She is really growing up too fast, not that I mind not having to change diapers anymore, but it just occurred to me that I'm done with the baby stuff. No more baby barf, tiny baby clothes, high chairs, baby swings, diaper pails, car seats, all that baby gear that you can't live without, I can really get rid of all of that now. What a surreal feeling. I'll miss it, but I'm excited for what's to come. So CONGRATS EEEEEEAH, YOU ARE SUCH A BIG GIRL.

1 comment:

Amanda Davis said...

Watch out, the first time I had no one in diapers after that many years I got pregnant!