Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter/Spring Break 2010

A lady in my ward named Peggy, (go figure), called me one day and asked if she could make me Easter dresses for my girls. She said that she really wanted to make my girls matching dresses, just cuz. She is such a sweet lady. I'm just in awe that she thought of us and was wanting to do something for my family. I need to find a way to repay her. Oh and on top of that she wanted Micah to match too so she bought him a shirt and tie. Thanx again Peggy, you are awesome. Ignore the shoes, we totally forgot to bring Sunday shoes with us to Grandma's.
Easter was a lot of fun. We went up to G&G's house on Saturday in time to watch General Conference. (is it just me or did they talk a lot about parents/mothers teaching their kids?) Anyway, it was a really good conference, and I'm glad I actually got to hear Sat. sessions. Anyway, the girls got to decorate an Gingerbread Easter house.
And the little kids got to decorate eggs.
Easter morning, the kids woke up to filled Easter baskets and candy-filled eggs hidden throughout the house. Micah got his first (of many I'm sure) Lego kit. It can be made into 3 cars that he makes me and Randy help him make and remake over and over again. He's pretty funny.
Kenz with her goodies.
Eeeah with her basket bigger than her.
Micah, so excited he doesn't even have time to look at me.
The kids waiting to look for all of the hidden eggs.
We then a wonderful breakfast and got ready to watch the rest of Conference. The kids sat and watched pretty good. G&G's neighbors invited a few neighborhood kids to their backyard for another egg hunt. This was the crew.
Morgan looking for as many eggs as possible.
All in all, it was a very fun Easter/Conference weekend. I can't remember the last time that Conference happened on Easter, probably when I was a kid or something, it definitely brought on new challenges, but hey we didn't have to get ready, which was nice.
The kids and I hung out for a few more days at G&G's while Randy went home and back to work. I figured since it was Spring Break, it would be nice to break it up a little stay so I wouldn't lose my sanity. The kids had fun playing all day and night with cousins. We also went to the Children's Tree house Museum in Ogden one afternoon. It was a lot of fun. A little similar to the Children's Museum in Portland, only bigger and in the shape of a tree house. The kids had fun in all the different areas of the tree house. This was a puppet/storytelling/castle area that I found the girls in.
Here's Micah on a big Firetruck.
And Malia wanting to drive the truck.
We also were able to get season passes to Lagoon again this year from G&G Tucker for birthday presents. So we decided to get as much use out of them and went today. It was a beautiful day, the kids had fun and we found out Malia is big enough to go on rides like the scrambler and those spinning (make you sick) coasters, which she absolutely loved. She is going to be our little daredevil. Micah is still a little too short for the bigger coasters, we're hoping by the end of the summer we can get him on there, 1 more inch bud. Oh, and apparently it was also sunny enough to burn Randy's head and my chest. Gotta love not being prepared for that, hu. The kids are sad Spring Break will be over after tomorrow and that they have to get back to school, the break is nice, but I need my schedule back.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow! You are so quick with your posts and I'm super impressed how you do it. We had an incredible Easter with you here and are happy you, Katie, and the kids stayed longer! You're always welcome!!!
Love, Mom