Friday, April 9, 2010

Pre Easter Craziness

Before Spring break, we had a pretty crazy week at school. So I'm just gonna do one post for it all.

I was in charge of Micah's Easter party. Very low key cuz that's I how I roll. They made baskets before Friday. Here's Micah's table eating snacks after their hunt. This is at the hunt. Micah finding his last egg.
McKenzie had a reader's theater. I was able to go and kind of listen, I mean as well as you can with a 2 year old crawling around everything. I couldn't video her, it was just too hard with the ruckus going on under my feet. I was lucky to get this shot.
Morgan also had a reader's theater on a different day about Lady Liberty. I Did get to video her, but it's long and very shaky because of the fore mention ruckus.
Morgan also had her 1st Rad Kids graduation. We were really proud of her and what she learned. It's fun having them come home after one of their classes, striking up conversations of what they've learned, reminding me to do things to be prepared. This is Morgan's teacher Mrs. Whitaker. I love this woman, she is amazing.
Morgan giving Hi-5's to all the instructors and her perpetrator.
With her gear on right after her simulation which you will see after this pic. Gotta love the helmet.
Here is her simulation with "Lobster Man". He is Big and Tall and can be kind of scary in these simulations, but a great asset to this program and is just a big teddy bear. I hope he never leaves. He's got a few daughters and uses experiences with them to help teach parents. There are a lot of scary people out there and the more knowledge and power we can give these kids, the better. Thanx Rad Kids.

Other fun that we were able to have was more work on the van, yet again. The check engine light came on Wed night, so I took it in the next morning thinking all they had to do was reset it, only to find out there was about $1000 worth of work that needed to be done on it. Arg! We are still waiting for a part to get in to finish the rest. Oh, and then Randy almost blew a tire out on his car and found out we needed to really replace all 4 tires and then, wait for it, while getting the van's studded tires off, they found that the front 2 tires (that were getting put back on) were good but cracking in the tread and so Schwab gave us a discount to get new tires since the tread was still good. So all in all we've spent give or take about 2 grand on cars in the last 2 weeks. Bring it on world, what else you got?

No comments: