Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

Here is our Easter festivities and such. Usually Easter sneaks up on me every year, and by the time I realize what's going on, we've done absolutely nothing. This year I tried really hard to do some fun things with the kids, we'll see if I do it again next year. We started off by waking Randy up really earl (for him) on Saturday morning and went to UVSC's annual Easter Egg hunt. We were thinking of going to the Orem one but we thought it was going to be just too nuts for us. (not that UVSC's was any better, just on a smaller scale). They split up the kids into two different age groups and then just let them run wild. McKenzie and Morgan were in the same group and Micah was the other one. Oh yeah and it was cold so the kids whined pretty much the whole time, which was fun for all of us.

We then got home and dyed, painted and tattooed some eggs. The kids had a lot of fun making a mess. It took Micah a little bit to want to actually get in there and get dirty. Once he realize how much fun it was to paint he decided it was OK to make a mess.Sunday morning the kids woke to their Easter baskets filled with gifts from the Easter Bunny, I think McKenzie is starting to catch on, so sad that she is growing up soon she'll figure it all out and the magic will be gone.

Then we got ready for church which was our Stake Conference. This was great cuz then we got to go to church earlier and for a shorter amount of time, no complaints here, except Malia wasn't very cooperative during the meeting. We got home and took some pics in their Easter outfits. That was a chore in itself, Micah did not want to have anything to do with it, the pic at the top is the only one I got of him not scowling at me. Then went to the backyard to hunt for the eggs they decorated that the "Easter Bunny" hid for them. It was fun especially since I actually remembered earlier this year and had time to plan for it better. The only thing I didn't get done was the sugar cookies, which we finished yesterday. I had made the dough on Friday so we could do them on Saturday but there just wasn't enough hours in the day on Sat. or Sun. to get them done. But all in all it was a good weekend and the kids seemed to enjoy themselves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi - Sweet Family!
I won't usually comment even though I love to see your blogs, Katie, but our grandchildren are so beautiful!!! I love being able to see more photos this way. Wow -Micah's hair looks so different being longer than having the buzz. It looks good! Sounds like you had a great Easter. Love all of you!!!

Mom(Grandma)Tucker

Rachel Berry said...

Katie your kids are just sooo CUTE! Sounds like you had a great Easter, ours was windy and wet. And your such a good mom to do all the egg stuff and make sugar cookies, is that a family tradition? I have the best sugar cookies recipe on the planet.. It's on my blog of course under the recipe label. you should try them, everyone who does loves them. Gee I sound like I am gloating.. Ehh yea I am. ;):):)

♥Rachel B.

Amanda Davis said...

Ok Randy is BALD!!!!