Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Busted!

You know you are in trouble when the executive secretary for your ward calls you up and says, Bishop would like to meet with you and your husband tomorrow morning before church. So all night I was speculating on what he could want with both of us, either a). He's calling us to something that he needs both of us for like activities committee or teaching or b). one of us is getting a big calling. I was hoping for a) but it was b). I was called, sustained and set apart as our ward's Relief Society 2nd counselor. Oh goody, so that means I'm in charge of Enrichment, I swear I just got done doing that. (In WA I was the enrichment leader). This ward is an interesting one due to the fact that we are on the border of Orem and Provo that has a lot of rentals which means that we have a lot of newleywed students in our ward and not a huge primary. There is a lot of turnover with people moving in and out so it's really hard to get to know anyone and all of the newleyweds are busy being newleyweds so there aren't a lot who show up to activities, so my main goal is to get more people to want to come to at least enrichment. I am so greatful that while I was in WA the 2nd counselor over me taught me so much and was the best woman ever to work with, I wish I was with her again, maybe I'll call her up and tell her to move down here. (good luck with that KT). Anyways, I feel very inadequate and hope that I don't totally screw up the Relief Society, wish me luck but please don't congradulate me cuz your turn is next, ha ha.

7 comments:

ellen said...

good luck and no congratulations to you! :) isn't that what you told us to write to you? look out utah, here kt comes! :) you'll do great!!!
ellen

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Hey, glad you found me. I totally use the whole blog thing as a way to ease my guilty conscience for not keeping a journal. I fully intend to print them all off one day and put them in a book. Someday. You'll do great as the new counselor. And hey, you only have to do it for about 9 months! You can't possibly mess anything up. There have been 9 RS presidents in 7 years and endless counselors. You'll be fantastic! Thanks for all the help on the read-a-thon. Your letter sounded great today. Hope Morgan had a good time today. McKenna was so happy to have a friend over. Oh, and I love the title of your blog...So Many M's. :0)

amie said...

So I know I can't say Congratulations so I won't. Instead I looked up some synonyms--here they are, Best wishes, compliments,felicitations, good work, hear hear and I will add Way to go!!!

You will do a great job! I only wish I were still there to see you in action and to watch your kids for you. Meetings, Meetings, Meetings! And Blessings, blessings, blessings!

Good luck.

Rachel Berry said...

I am on the RS board and I also do the RS Bulletin board (for about 2 years now).
Good Luck with your "new" calling you'll do FABULOUS!
I now know not to answer the phone when our executive secretary calls. :) Just kidding.

:)rachel

Sami said...

They made a good choice and you will do a wonderful job! I used to have that calling and if I did it, then you can definitely do it!

Julie said...

You made one big mistake- not being busy enough, LOL.... I'll use one of those synonyms.... Way to go!!! LOL..... I'm there for you if you need to vent. Seriously though, those callings are treated very carefully and prayerfully when callings are extended. Heavenly Father knows you have a supportive husband. Count your blessings and look for more to come your way!

Steve Ibarra said...

I would like to offer you but one piece of counsel. Don't let worry kill you--let the church help. You'll do great. Not at dying...I meant your calling.

Steve