Friday, May 16, 2008

I FOUND IT!!

For the past few years I have been looking for a pizza dough recipe that I liked. To start out, I am not good at making any kind of bread recipe, (my mom's crescent rolls I wish I could make). I just haven't made it enough to understand yeast or something. When I lived in Washington the coolest grocery store (WINCO) sold balls of fresh dough for 98 cents and it was good, for one reason, I didn't have to make it. Anyway, leaving there also meant leaving the fresh cheap dough, so I had to figure it out and have tried many different recipes out, in the bread machine, in my mixer, but none of them were good. They were heavy, never browned, (even when I brushed it with oil) and just not good. (Randy would always say he liked it, but I knew better). Until today. My neighbor Julie had told me about a month ago that she had the best pizza dough recipe ever and I kept forgetting to get it from her until today. So I got and made and it and Oh My Gosh, the best pizza we have ever had, I even prefer it to going out to pizza. It was chewy and soft with just the right amount of crunch to it. It even browned and I didn't brush any oil on it at all. It was heaven in my mouth. Thank you soooo much Julie for sharing this recipe with our family, we are truly indebted to you because we like pizza and have it often. (now more probably). So I want to share it with all of you, (hope it's ok Julie if not I will take it off). Enjoy

Julie's Pizza dough
2 1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 1/2 C warm water
1 tsp salt
2 TB olive oil
3 1/3 c flour (you'll need to add more till it's a stiff dough)
1. Dissolve yeast and brown sugar in water and let stand 10 min

2. Stir in the rest and knead
3. Put in greased bowl. let rise 1 hr. (or until doubled) punch down and let rest before shaping
4. Preheat oven to 425. Shape and put in pan. (I used two pizza stones) Let dough rise in pan for 15-20 min if not using a pizza pan/stone (I actually used a pizza stone and still let it rise for a bit). Add toppings and bake for 15-20 min.


6 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

This sounds good! We eat pizza every Friday (we get a movie and pizza) Some times I make it some times we buy it some times it is frozen! (It all depends on the budget!) The dough recipe I have is alright, no complaints, but this sounds easier and yummy! We will try this one next time!

Rachel Berry said...

I'm going to have to try this recipe! My kids LOVE pizza so this will be great. I'll let you know when I make it!

:)Rachel

Ps. I have the best bread recipe on my blog under the recipe label. It always turns out & yeast hate me too.

ellen said...

whaaaat!!??!! you never liked my pizza dough recipe!?!?!?!? i guess i will have to try yours...sorry about your phone :( like you ever talk to me anyways! you never tell me anything!:) hubby put in the ac unit today...heaven in the house i tell you. i need to blog...so much to tell so little free time!

Buffy Dayton said...

Key Katie, I found your blog on the Dahmers blog. I hope you don't mind! You were saying how you loved blogging, so I thoght I would check yours out! Very cute. Thanks again for the activity tonight, that was fun! We'll see you on Thursday!

Buffy

ellen said...

whaa happened!?!?! all lof a sudden you are a scrapbookie lookin' website!?!?! now i will have to play catch up or somethin'!?!

amie said...

KT! Cute paper!!! I love it!