Monday, May 12, 2008

My mother's day

My mother's day was pretty good, considering the lack of sleep I have had the last two weeks dealing with yet another failed attempt at antibiotics to clear up an ear infection. We went in last Friday to find that augmenten didn't work and so we gave Malia a shot that started with an "r" to clear it up, only she is still in pain and screaming in the middle of the night, lucky me. I slept on the couch starting at 3 this morning cuz I was soo tired and couldn't handle it anymore. The doctor said her ear looks a lot better today but it may take a while before she's 100%. Anyway, back to Mother's day. After my girls seeing some of our friends kids have curly hair this week (they braided it the night before) the girls wanted to do it to, and since I don't know where I put my little kid curlers, after baths on Saturday night I braided their hair.

This is what their hair looked like Sunday for church. To me it looks more like an 80's do, just very poofy. I let them keep it in one more day so they could have it curly for school and then I couldn't take it anymore and they got shower's tonight. Am I the meanest or what?

So in the morning about 7 ish the girls came running in my room where I was attempting to sleep and couldn't wait to give me their gifts. They had gone to a primary activity on Saturday and the primary presidency had taken their pictures and put them on tiles with modge podge. They are sooo cute. My neighbor Mindy who is in the presidency has a few extra tiles and she is the one who took the pics and said that she could take Micah and Malia's pictures in the same place. I am going to attempt to make some kind of wall hanging, I'll post pics when I get it done. (thanks Mindy) They also decorated cookies and gift bags for me. Oh soo cute. Then in primary, Morgan's teacher (the coolest person ever Trisha) that them make hand bouquets and put them in little vases filled with jelly beans and the hand prints poem, oh soo cute. Randy got me a food processor, I've been wanting one for a long time so now I want to get the book about how to hide veggies in your meals. (my kids eat their veggies really good, but I figure it can't hurt to add a few more). Theses pics are a card McKenzie made for me at school. I thought it was really cute especially what she wrote inside.

Just in case you can't read it, it says, "Dear Mom, mom I really really really really really love you. If you go on a cruise I am going to be sad. but I will see you, Happy Mother's day." I laughed sooooooo hard. Randy wants to go away somewhere when he graduates and we are planning on going by ourselves and having his parents come and watch the kids. It won't be for a long time but as you can see she is already getting worried about it. How cute is she.

Randy and the girls then made me breakfast in bed (an omelet yummy) and then made steak and artichokes for dinner. My favorite. He's getting really good at grilling, makes me happy. We then had the ice cream cake I made (it's really evil). I unfortunately didn't get a nap only because we have 1 pm church which I hate. Also it's during Malia's nap time and since she was already exhausted from dealing with her ear infection, let's just say, Church + Malia's ear infection = no on gets to listen. All in all though it was a great day and am grateful that I am a mom and get to raise my kids and hope I don't screw it up too badly. So to all you mother's out there. Hope your day was wonderful and I hope you understand how important mother's are. (yes mom that means you to, I love you)

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

How nice your hubby cooked for you yesterday. I cooked all day yesterday for 14 people... Hope Malia gets better. We too have 1:00 church it stinks in a bad way.

:)Rachel

Julie said...

What a great day for you! I spent most of it in bed or on the couch with a stomach bug. The kids and Ryan made breakfast for me, but later on I threw it up. Oh well, nice effort! They had leftovers and sandwiches for dinner since I wasn't up to cooking. But they all helped clean up the house(Ryan included) for the next day. Yeah!

Amanda Davis said...

Poor baby with the yucky ear, and poor mommy who has to deal with it! I have been through that with all 3 of my older kids. They ended up getting tubes in their ears it was so bad! But I lucked out with #4. Don't you love what kids say about their mom's. Ethan did one of those same fill in the blank papers and he said I was 14. I laughed and he said, I didn't know how old you are and I just guessed. He asked how old I was. When I said 29 his eyes got really big! Funny!