Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day `09 AKA the Best Day of the Year

The girls started school last Thursday and I couldn't be more excited. Ya know that song "School's out for Summer?" Well my version went the day before school (imagine the tune) "School starts to-morrow." I kept singing that over and over, I got some good eye rolls from the girls. From the looks of these two, you'd think it was them going to school. The girls before we left for our 1st walk back to school. They look happy right?
McKenzie is in 3rd grade this year and was a little nervous about starting this new adventure, mostly about multiplying and cursive. But after her first day was over she is now very excited for the year. She loves her new teacher and wants to learn all this new stuff now. I'm excited about it too. I know she is going to have as great of a time this year as she did last year. Oh and she has a lot of her best girlfriends in her class, which has never happened since there are so few girls in 3rd grade in the school (for whatever reason), they usually all get split up, so she's really excited about that.
Morgan started 1st grade and her first year of full day school and eating lunch in the cafeteria. I was a little nervous cuz sometimes she just needs down time in the afternoon, but she is really doing great. She has her 2 best girlfriends in her class, which we have fully warned their teacher about the chatty girls they can be, and she loves her teacher.
Of course we had to get the girls again, we'll keep doing this till one of us moves (which hopefully will not be anytime soon). These girls are getting so big.
We are starting this one too cuz these girls are great friends even if they are not in the same grade.

And the best news yet, Micah was accepted into the preschool they have at this school (the same one Morgan was in 2 years ago), and he starts tomorrow morning. So, I am now the mother of one child home from school, weird I know, it will take sometime getting use to but I am sooo excited. Micah is only gone a half day but still, I don't know what I am going to do with myself. Happy first day of school to all and to all a goodnight.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Morgan looks hard core. She's like
"I got this!" What a champ!
Such beautiful children!

ellen said...

yeah....you forgot to say how you prepped micah for getting into preschool. that is my favorite part of the "micah got into preschool" story. your kids are always cute. what will it ever be like to have all but one in school....i may never know! mom just barely found out!:) wonder if she prepped james and jon the same way you did? that could explain a lot....hmmmm....... hee hee hee:) j/k we love you! yay school!