Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Malia's 2

What has happened? I no longer have any babies in my house. This is really the weirdest thing for me. I haven't not had a baby or pregnant with a baby in like 9 years. Actually it's kinda nice. If you haven't guessed by now, our baby turned 2 last week. Things have been so nuts around here that I am now just blogging about it, yes I am the worst mother ever. Anyway, on her birthday (which was also the day before school started) we decided to go to Lagoon as kind of a last hurrah. I am soo grateful that Randy's parents got us passes this summer (it was our birthday presents) and let me tell ya, we used them as much as possible. It was great. Malia loves the cars, or anything she can "steer."
The little coaster "Puff" is always a hit. We took Malia on it and she pretty much freaked out the entire ride. She thought she was going to have fun, but once we went over that first hill, she was grabbing at me and crying, it was really funny actually, I'm soo mean I tell ya.
Grandma and Grandpa met us there with Sydney and Dallin (their cousins) and brought pizza and cupcakes to celebrate with us. As you can tell Malia loved the cupcakes.
If you couldn't tell in that last picture, can you tell now?
We did her real birthday celebration on Sunday after the Oquirrh Temple dedication with the whole fam (at leat the one's that live here). She has a dog that she carries around that looks similar to this cake. It didn't occur to me that until I started to cut into the dog that it really looks like Rolf from the Muppet's, don't ya think?
Getting ready to blow out the candles. She got really good at blowing at the cabin this year.
Mmmmmmm more cake. Gotta love it.

Oooooo and ice cream too, which apparently is much too hard to scoop up so fingers are much more useful.
We are soo grateful to have this little girl in our lives. She has really kept us on our toes. She is a serious bundle of energy and she loves trying to do what her sister's and brother does. She's a quick learner and I am soo excited to see what she has in store for us. What a cutie.
These next video clips are of us singing to her and then her opening her first 2 gifts which was really funny. She got a little bag with a few things in it from Billy and Alina, and had to show everyone, when we got her to open her second gift she looked excited and then right back to the bag. It was classic, enjoy.

No comments: