Thursday, August 27, 2009

My lil boy is in school

To some, preschool may not seem all that big and not really school, but when your kid goes to the one we go to and is gone for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, to me that is considered school. So today was the first day for Micah to start at "The" preschool. He didn't really realized that today was the day, until during breakfast when I reminded him. He got the biggest grin on his face and quickly ate, got dressed, made his bed, brushed his teeth and let me do his hair. We went to an open house yesterday so he could see where he was gonna sit and put his backpack. His teacher wanted to take a pic of him with me so he could have me to look at after I had left. Little did the teacher know that Micah is sooo excited to start that he could care less if I even came to drop him off, and that's exactly how it was this morning. He put his bag away, sat down and started playing with toys. I had to tell him to give me a hug before I left. Gotta love the 3rd child.

Here's my little man before our walk. This is one of his best friends KC (also one of Morgan's best friend's little brother's). Can you tell which family he belongs to from the last post? I'll give you a hint, she is the tall one. (our poor kids, sorry it's my fault).
This little girls was in their Mother Goose Time last year that lives down the street. Her name is Hadley, she's a cutie.
And last but not least, Micah in front of his classroom, ya know the traditional pictures taken on the first day. I still can't believe I have one kid at home.
Malia and I went for a bike ride this morning and since being home I've been trying to figure out soccer schedules, emailing people and getting this post done. Poor Malia has been just sitting by my side playing for a little, making a lot of messes and asking where's Minah (her version of Micah). Hopefully she won't be completely bored all year. We'll get her out doing stuff soon I'm sure. Well here's to another school year. Oh and I forgot to mention, Randy has orientation the rest of this week for his EMPA program and starts next week. So literally, everyone is in school right now. Luck us.

5 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Seriously how cute is your little boy!!! Love the pics hope he had a great day at school!

Jess said...

One at home still. I can't believe it. I'm sitting at the computer right now...Jo-Jo is asleep, and the house is completely quiet with no billion questions from the older two. I'm torn between "sad," and "WOO-HOO!!!" I guess I'll survive.

P.S. I'm glad you found my blog. It's fun to keep up with everyone this way.

Amanda Davis said...

I hadn't checked your blog for a while since we have been pretty busy. Looks like you guys are crazy busy too!!! FUN! School start here the 8th! I will have 3 in school and one at home for a few weeks till the new baby is born! Then I will be back to 2 but the baby will be so sweeet I am hoping it will distract Hayden from the fact that she doesn't get to go to school. As of now she is telling me all the time that she is going to school and not me!

Diane Jaggi said...

KT,
Your kids are SOOOOO cute!!! I can't wait for mine to go to school. Did you know we are moving to Oregon - in October! Crazy!!!

velvetelement said...

School is great isn't it? You miss them but that little time they are away is kind of nice. Plus you know they are having fun instead of being bored at home! You have some cuties!