Saturday, August 7, 2010

Going to the Couv!

Holy Cow, I started this entry a long time ago and totally forgot to post it.  Man I'm losing it.  Anyway, it's late but it's here.
Happy Mother's day to me!!!! For Mother's day, Randy bought me tickets to Portland to hang with my sister Laurie over Memorial Day weekend.  My other sister's were going to try come down to visit for the weekend also, but 2 of them got sick the day they were suppose to leave.  But my sister Lindsay came down from Seattle to see us.  I flew out the last day of school early in the morning and got there at 9 AM.  We went to the Portland Temple and met up with a friend from college there.  We went out to lunch afterwards with her husband and kid and then went back to Lolly's and chilled the rest of the weekend.  I was able to see a few of my old neighbors, like Jennie.  She's got  5 kids, 4 of which are 9 months apart.  Craziness.   I don't know how she does it, but she has made it this far and now 4 of the five will be going to school next year, Hooray for her.  What a bunch of cuties.
We set up a time to meet at the park with some other friends and my cousin Sarah.  It was cold but didn't rain.  The Northwest was reminding me why I moved away. I don't miss this weather.  Here are some of the Schmidt girls.
My friend from High School, Sarah popped by and hung out with us for a while. 
Lindsay's friend, Annie, from high school also came with her kids.
My sis and her baby. I love his dimples.
Brad man and Tater enjoying the swing.
Grace and Tate showing me their piano skills
The kids giving loves to Auntie Lindz before she headed out.
Cole showing me his cool toys
Someone trying to be funny and taking my picture.
Getting my loves from the Collinator.
Bradley just being cute.
Classic Collin pose.  Getting ready to sing the "I love the Tiger" (really Eye of the Tiger).  I had a video clip of it, but for whatever reason I can't upload it, so it will have to wait.
Thanx Laur and Randy for setting this up.  It was really nice to get away and not have to parent and just be the fun aunt I never get to be.

No comments: