Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Micah Update

Micah is fine.  He was in the ER for only 2 hours.  They did a CT scan on him and everything came back clear.  The doctor gave him an anti-nausea pill and discharged him before 9 PM.  This morning the red line down his face is gone and he just has the scraped left.  I'm soo grateful things turned out the way they did.  I don't feel like a dork of a mother for taking him in, sometimes I do, (you the know the paranoid mother thing) but this time I don't.   I was really scared last night that something was wrong and that I he was going to have to stay and I would have to call someone to stay with my kids and he'd have serious issues.  I really was not going to get any sleep last night knowing that he could have a brain bleed and I wouldn't have been able to wake him up.  I was fully prepared to wake up every 2 hours trying to make sure he was ok, so that peace of mind was worth the ER trip.  This was kind of a wake up call for me.  I was not very sympathetic when we fell.  I picked him up, put him in the stroller and kept on going.  It wasn't until we got home and I saw how bad it looked and having him act a little weird for me start acting sympathetic.  I felt like I did when I was a kid and got hurt.  As a kid, I always felt bad when something  happened because I knew that it was going to be one more thing for my mom to worry about and she it always seemed like bothered her (nothing against my mom, cuz she is an amazing woman and I love her to death) but that was one thing I didn't want to inherit.  I need change my attitude and show my kids I care a little more, even if it seems like a little bump or scrape.  I really do love my kids and after last night I know I couldn't stand losing one.

No comments: