Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reunion; the rest of the Story

After Tahoe we headed back to P-ville for the rest of the reunion with our extended family. This is where we have had a majority of my dad's family reunions over the past years.  Now that my grandparents are both gone we aren't sure what's going to happen.  It was a great reunion though, lots of gabbing and dancing and laughing and of course eating.  Every time we get together we have amazing Bbque ribs and chicken.  It's heavenly.  Here is my dad and one of his cousins.  I love how these guys all look the same.
 Malia found "Grandpa pocket" and stuck with him like a fly on stink.
And of course posing for the camera.
Little Cole decided it would be fun to climb the tree.  He was up there before anyone saw him.  What a little Monkey. 
The infamous Sara shot.  I don't think she likes her picture being taken, too bad for her, lol.
Cousin Chris (or Jim or James, take your pick).  He looks so good right here I just had to post it.
The kids found a butterfly, not sure if it will survive after the excitement of all 20 kids, thanx little butterfly.
Tianna, Lenore and Meli right before one of their dances.
Uncle Larry and one of the cousins.
We were forced to do a skit, and so some of my sister's and me put this together really fast.  It's from SNL's Lawrence Welke show.  We made Bacon be Junice.  It is absolutely hysterical.


The little boys learned this number from Lenora.  Micah was trying so hard, it was cute.

My bros Andy and Billy used to do this skit at scout camp and then they brought it to our family reunions almost 20 years ago.  We were able to enjoy it again (substituting James for Andy) this year.  Watch as Billy gets off of his horse each time, it's awesome.

And my favorite. . ."Somewhere Over the Rainbow" preformed by my cousin Lenora with her 2 girls Meli and Tianna.  They are amazing Polynesian dancers.  Right before they danced this, Lenora dedicated it to my grandparents.  They were really the driving force behind our reunions.  Without them I don't know how much we all would have gotten together.  There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.  Thanx Lenora for remembering my grandparents in such a beautiful way.  I wish they could have seen it.
I'm really glad we were able to go.  We had a memorial for my grandparents during the reunion and I was able to hear a lot of great stories and memories about them.  They were truly missed but it was nice that so many were able to show up and be together again.  I hope we keep it going.

No comments: