Friday, August 27, 2010

OH, how they grow-1st day 2010


I honestly do not know where the summer has gone.  Maybe it was because we had some crummy weather and all of the sports camps and lessons we had in June,  that by the time summer was really here, it was almost half way over.  Regardless, according to school, summer is officially over, no more waking up late (not that my kids did until 2 weeks before school started), no more running around in you swimsuit all day long, no more knocking on the neighbors door at 7 AM asking if the kids can play, (oh wait that's more for me).  The girls had mixed emotions getting prepared for school.  They were excited to go back and spend more time with friends, but they also realized work was going to be involved so that quickly brought them back to reality.

Lately McKenzie has been fighting to let me take pictures of her.  I don't know if it's the age or just her.  Hopefully it will be short lived.  Can't you see the excitement in her eyes?
Morgan is still innocent and enjoys pictures.
McKenzie with her new teacher Miss Cluff.  She's brand new but McKenzie won't care cuz she's with her best friend, Emme.
Morgan with one of the most amazing teachers I've ever seen, Miss Edwards.  Her first year was when McKenzie was in 1st grade and we've wanted her ever since.  She teaches with Mrs. Almberg (whom McKenzie had in 2nd) so it was a toss up between the 2, we love them both.
Of course the traditional friend pose on the 1st day.  Mac with Lauren
And of course the fantastic 4.  They are inseparable, only this year 2 are with Almberg and 2 are in Edwards.  So they have been split, but at least it's even.  They are so cute together, I still can't believe how fast they have grown, here's 1st grade,  & here's Kindergarten.  They are such babies

My friend caught this shot, so cute.
I got it a little too late.  Oh well, off to a new grade, good luck girls.
Micah starts Kindergarten next week so we will have a whole different post for that.  Still can't believe it.  I think I might throw myself a partay.

1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

It's amazing how fast they grow! I clicked on your kindergarten link, and I feel like it was just yesterday when I read that post. They're sure adorable!