Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Malia the "Free"-year-old

I can't believe that my baby has turned 3.  I really never thought I would ever get to this point in my life.  As a kid I never thought I would ever be an adult, and then I never thought I would have kids old enough for school, and recently it was I will never have kids out of diapers or not have babies around.  It is here and I just can't believe it.  Malia is no longer a baby, she is little Miss Independent and although I will miss not having babies around, I am soo excited for what is in store for us.  Anyway, Malia's birthday kinda lasted from Thursday till Sunday, each day was something different, cuz you know you just can't do everything in 1 day, cuz what fun would that be.  For playgroup we go to went to the Highland splash pad for some fun before school starts.  The day was starting out pretty crummy, but we went anyway, and although it was a little cooler than normal, it was still a lot of fun.  I made cupcakes to share with the rest of the kids, Malia just ate the frosting.
She had a lot of fun climbing on the rocks in the "river."
Micah liked trying to dodge the fountains.
The girls liked trying to make the water stay in the ground. . . by sitting on them.
And running through them over and over.
I love the way these turned out.
When we got home, we were planning on going to Lagoon for a really fun-filled day, but as soon as we stepped foot in the front door, it started pouring and storming really bad.  I knew it was only going to last a couple of hours and by the time we would have gotten up there it would have been done, but I couldn't convince them.  So we opened a few presents and played the rest of the day.  Malia got her very own Scooter, finally.
Randy went to the Cougar kick-off and got each of  the kids BYU shirts, which they were really excited about.
We decided since it was the last full week that Lagoon was going to be open we needed to take advantage of it and go one more time before Frightmare's start.  So Randy got off work early and we headed out for another day of fun.  Morgan driving Malia around on the bumper cars.
Micah waiting patiently for the swing ride.
Daddy and Eeeah chillin before the parrot show started.
Me and Morgie on the Gondola.
Kenz watching the parrots.
Yes we all wore out new BYU shirts, thought it would be easier for us to find each other.
Oh, the crazy parrot who doesn't like to do what he's told.
On Sunday we had her family party with G&G Tucker, Kristi and Billy&Alina.  We had yummy Cafe Rio chicken, opened presents and ate cake.  It was great.  Malia got a couple of "Bawbies" as she calls them.  She was soo excited, cuz now she's just like her sister's and they can't get mad at her for playing with their Barbies.
Oh and I made her a Barbie cake, just cuz she loves Barbies.  This thing took some time to make but it was well worth it to see Eaah's face.  She loved it.

She had fun blowing out the candles.
We are so happy this girl is part of our family.  She is STILL a bundle of energy.  She loves playing with her siblings, even if they don't want to play with her.  She has such a fun personality and she just has to dance all of the time . . .
WE LOVE YOU EAAAH!

3 comments:

Bonnie-Jean said...

Great job on the cake... and Happy Birthday Eeeah! :) She's so precious. :)

Celia said...

Awesome cake! It turned out really well. And I like the school pics...I unfortunately forgot my camera on the first day.

Jess said...

What a cute cake tuck! I love Malia's dance moves...teach me!