Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The car ride

Considering this was a 24 hour drive over 2 days, the road trip there, really wasn't too bad. We didn't really start hearing the whine until the end of the first day, which was way better than what I was expecting (especially with Malia in the car). We watched movies, (thanx Youell's for the duel screen setup, that was a lifesaver, considering we didn't know ours was broken until we left) watched for license plates we haven't seen yet, (we are still looking for Delaware and Rhode Island) listened to CD's, read books, ate lots of snacks, oh wait I also forgot the endless potty brakes. That was my favorite part, it reminded me of road trips with my family in which someone would say (usually me cuz according to my dad I am Chopin cuz I am the pianist), "Dad how much longer till a rest stop, cuz I really got to go." As you can tell by the expression on this one's face, we are all excited to be in the car for a very looooooong time.
No really we are, can't ya tell.
How cute are we.
This was during one of Malia's dancing sessions, apparently Nebraska was dry that day. Her hair was everywhere.

No comments: