Thursday, July 2, 2009

The crazy month of June

I just realized that I overlooked a few important things that went on in the month of June. I swear if my head was not attached to my neck, I would forget that too. June was pretty much a whirlwind of chaos, story of my life. This is not going to be in any particular order.

At one point during the month of June we decided that the baby mullet needed to go, so I got brave and cut poor Malia's curls off, I just about cried. Luckily, they are still there and I hope that as it continues to grow out it will just get cuter without the mullet. And of course we had to bribe her with some kind of sugar, so we found an old candy cane from Christmas, not that she cares, because duh, it's SUGAR.
Since McKenzie is 8 this year, she was invited to go to Activity Day camp with the other 8-12 yr old girls. They got to do a lot of fun activities, like shoot BB guns. . .

Shoot bow and arrows. . .
and make cool crafts.
McKenzie also finished off her first baseball season with a trophy, that she was very excited about since they were able to get her a girl baseball trophy with a ponytail. She really came a long way, especially since she has never even picked up a bat or a glove till this year. Isn't she cute?
Randy even got a trophy, not sure exactly why, probably because once he changed his work schedule to mornings, he came to every game and practice and helped out the coach like an assistant coach, we are sooo proud of him (insert sarcastic tone).
Another fun thing that happened was the kids all got passes to either play mini golf or laser tag at a new mini amusement park when we started the summer reading program. We chose golf since laser tag with an almost 2 year old was not ideal. The kids had a blast, Malia even got in the action and stole my ball, and seriously would not give it back. Oh and you can see the curls did not completely go away, yah.
We did not keep score, for obvious reasons. They were literally all over the place, which was fine since we went when it first opened and no one was really there yet.
And apparently we have the next Happy Gilmore on our hands. This is how Micah golfed the entire time, it was hysterical. . .
it was a fun morning overall, if you couldn't tell by now.
And lastly but not leastly, we had an amazing moment that I couldn't believe we actually got to grab our camera for. It had rained and the sun just barely came out and made the most beautiful double rainbow. We don't even have that nice of a camera and this turned out (I thought) pretty amazing. I mean considering we don't have that great of a camera.

So here is to the chaos that will accompany July. Not sure how often I will be able to post this month, so I'm giving you a heads up to not expect much from me. Although I will try.

No comments: