Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Visiting with Grandpa Lang

Our trip was going to consist of driving to the cabin, spending a week at the cabin and then driving back home. My sisters were going to do more of a round-a-bout and take detours to see different things and different people, like some of our family that lives near Milwaukee (which is an extra 5 hours away from the cabin), but me being the person who doesn't want to deal with kids in the car longer than I absolutely have to, decided that since Randy only had so much time off that we would just keep the driving to a minimum. I was bummed cuz I haven't seen my grandpa in 4 years and let's face it, he's not getting any younger, but I was going to deal with it. Until my mom came up with this amazing plan to have my sister, Laurie, who was driving to see him first before heading up to see us, pack gramps in her car (with her 4 kids) bring him up spend a day or so with us. And being the awesome, caring, most gracious sister she is, she rearranged her schedule and did that for our family. Isn't she the bomb diggidee. Love ya Loll. So we got to see him and hang with Laurie and her family for about a day and a half before we had to head back out on the open road for a place called home. Morg, and Gracie poo. Don't ask what she is doing with her face.
Grandpa Lang with the great grand kids that were there.
Kyra sneaking chips, or not-so-sneaking.
Gramps enjoying his ice cream. He was closing his eyes hoping that I really wasn't going to take his picture. If I can't see you than you can't see me, right?
My pop, or should I say pa pa, holding baby Grant.
Preston enjoying that Mid-west ice cream. I tell ya, it doesn't get much better than Kemps.
Malia is really into babies now. She just wants to be near them, and touch them, either that or she was getting territorial of pa pa and telling Grant that he had to get off, in a most gentle way.
I was so happy to get to see my pa pa. Thanx again Laurie and Jason for doing that for all of us, it was really awesome to get to see him again. I'm sure he enjoyed it too, even with all of the screaming going on.
Oh, this video clip is of Cole eating, or trying to at least. It had been a really long trip for them and he just couldn't keep it together, but he is a trouper and finished his dinner. I had a good laugh.

1 comment:

Josh Dahmer said...

Is it just me or is Randy eating ice cream in every picture he's in? The first, the fourth, and the sixth. Apparently he just can't get enough. :) Go get 'em Randy!