Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why I love going back to Wisconsin

When we moved to the Midwest, I was formally introduced, by my loving cousins and grandpa, to a small chain called Culver's. Boy was that the worst mistake of their lives. I love Culver's and their amazing custard. In the short 2 years that I lived their, I was able to try almost all of their flavors, eat their yummy (and yet very fattening) butterburgers and just imagine I was in heaven. When we found out that we were moving to Washington we were excited for the opportunity but very sad to leave this tradition of ours. We even went as far as mapping out the last Culver's (at the time) that we could possibly go to (in Lincoln Nebraska) and stopped for one last taste (seriously at 9 or 10 at night, pathetic I know). Since leaving we have tried to find other custard places and actually found a fairly decent one down the street from us in Vancouver called Sheridan's. I knew it was as close as I was going to get to my addiction. I didn't go their very often maybe once or twice. Then I moved to Utah and saw their was another custard place down the street, yet again. So I tried it, and boy was that the worst mistake of my life. Yuck, I hated it. So I have just dealt with not having my fix for over 2 years. That is until we found out we were going back to the cabin and knew we would be driving through Culver territory. I was sooooo excited. I couldn't wait to get that wondrous taste in my mouth again. As we mapped out where they were we found out that the chain has come as far west as Cheyenne WY, whoopee, only like 5 hours away. Because of how far we were trying to get the first day we actually didn't stop at one until Lincoln (the same place we hit on our move out) and that first bite was amazing. It just melted in my mouth and I didn't want that moment to end. This is actually in Cheyenne on the way home (yes, we had to hit the last one before getting home). It was awesome because their flavor of the day was my fav flavor of all. It was a perfect ending to an awesome vacation. The kids really like it too.
Even Popeye Malia.
If you couldn't tell yet, we really like Culver's.
I will miss you friend, until next time, adieu.

You are all probably thinking I am lame, but ya know what, I don't care, I'm just glad I was able to get one more taste in.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey, we stopped there too on our way to Colorado Springs. Thanks for finding the address for us. What is your favorite flavor anyway?