Thursday, July 23, 2009

I love MARJAX

This is Marjax. It's a cabin that my great grandparents bought when my mom was really little. The name is a combination of their names Margaret and Jack. My mom has been coming here since she was little and I have been too as long as I can remember. It's shared by my grandpa's family and his brother's family so we get it for a short amount of time during the summer. I love this place. I learned to water ski & knee board, broke my ankle (thanx dad) and have made so many memories here. It's like entering a time warp when you come here. Most of the stuff inside the cabin has been there since the beginning of the cabin, little things have been updated, like getting a phone, a TV to watch movies on, and water softener so you can actually drink the water without tasting iron every time. I haven't been here since we moved away from Wisconsin and I've missed it soo much. It's a tiny 2 bedroom 1 bath cabin. Growing up we were never allowed to use the bathroom inside, there is an old outhouse that has been there since the beginning of time that we always had to use. This year however, due to smart people we were allowed to use it but also rented a port-a-potty because of how many people were going to be there at once, which actually was really helpful, especially with kids who just couldn't hold it anymore. It is a serene place that we just can't get enough of. It is literally feet away from the lake. This is a picture from the doorstep.
We have a rocky/sandy beach.
The metal dock is new. There used to be an old wood dock here, but it has been replaced with the metal dock because it was too short, since the water level has gone down in rescent years.
This is a look at the Cass's dock. Usually we cannot walk on the beach between the 2, but this year we could, hopefully next year there will be lots of snow and rain.
Kyra and McKenzie wait for grandpa to take them for a ride on the boat.
James being GQ in his wetsuit before he goes out knee boarding.
Morgan and Micah playing in the sand, trying to make "rivers."
Chachie joining in the fun, and making weird eyes at me.
Another family fun activity, finding the perfect rock to skip and see who can get the most skips.
Grandma enjoying one of her many grandkids. Malia loves La La and Pa Pa.
Morgan getting ready to jump off the pier.
Ella infatuated with herself in the mirror on the boat.
My mom getting ready to ski. Every year we come up we get her to do it at least once, but she can only do it once due to DOMS. Hey it keeps her young.
Almost all of us got up at least once on skis while it was warm outside, which was only a few days while we were there.

These next videos are of my mom skiing, I am just soo impressed with her, she's 58 (sorry mom) and still skis. Keep it up woman.

No comments: